It’s time to start thinking about the County Fair Quilt Challenge. We have our fabric cut and bundled together with the Challenge Rules. Pick one up and try your hand at some creative quilting. We’ve had some awesome entries in the past and everyone continues to amaze us with their flair and originality. From beginners to experienced, all the entries are so fun to see. Be sure to get your fabric before it’s all gone!!!
2013 Renville County Fair
Rules and Regulations
The packet of fabric and rules can be picked up at Gathering Friends.
Limited supply will be available.
1. $5.00 non-refundable entry fee, with the entry fee you’ll receive your challenge fabric. Approximate size of piece is 18″ x 21″.
2. Multiple entries per person will be accepted with separate fees and forms for each entry.
3. Challenge fabric must be used in the construction
4. The size of the completed project must be no smaller than 16″ x 16″.
5. Your project can be appliquéd, pieced, painted, beaded, etc.
6. Your entry must be hand or machine quilted and bound.
7. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, visual impact and workmanship.
8. All entries must be labeled on the back of the quilt with the title of the entry, contact information and same full name and address that appears on the entry form.
9. The deadline for submission will be Monday Aug 12, 2013. No late entries will be accepted. You can drop them off at Gathering Friends Quilt Shop, 101 South Main St, Bird Island. Your project needs to have the registration form completed and attached.
Awards to be given out~
First prize ~ $150.00 Gift Certificate from Gathering Friends
Second Prize ~ Fabric Asst. valued at $75.00 from Gathering Friends
Third Prize ~ Gift Basket valued at $25.00 from Gathering Friends
Viewers Choice ~ $30.00 Prize from Renville County Fair